September 24, 2011

The Vanishing Man at Menards

Well it has been a day today that is for sure! Last night wasn't any better with Don & I. I really think that there is a full moon beyond those clouds somewhere and if not then I don't know what it is called!
It all started today when we went to Menards and I let some guy get a ear full of how I felt. He deserved it!
See we had taken the RV into town because we had to get a few pieces for it (hoses and such to winterize it).
(Mean dog in parking lot)
Well we pulled in the parking lot and some guy was walking to his truck and his dog was barking wildly in his truck because he saw another dog. Rusty woofed a little but I said ignore and he did. "Good boy Rusty." The guy looked at me and smiled and then started talking to his dog through the window. I never thought anything about it and we finally reached our destination to the front door. I looked back and the guy was just pulling out. No problem right people come and go no big deal.
Man's Best Friend "Rusty"
We love Menards so we were in the store for about 20 to 25 minutes looking around. Bought a beautiful Halloween light and we can use this in our motorhome when we move to AZ and they can hang in the windows next year. :-) Then we paid for our things and got ready to go out the door. Don always walks faster then us and so Don got to the RV before I did. No big deal nothing unsual.
Then that is when from the corner of my eye I seen movement way off to the left and I was standing in the middle of the lane in the parking lot. Then I noticed it was the SAME guy with the wild pit bull that was barking at Rusty before. The guy got out of the Ford Ranger and HAD his dog on his leash. Thank goodness but it was suspicious that the guy was still here because I thought he left. Well needless to say he DIDN'T it was like he was waiting for us, his truck was parked over in a different spot way over by the wooded tree area of to the left side. Well I was still trying to direct Rusty off to the side because I was still in the middle of the lane in the parking lot walking towards our RV.
Next thing I know this guy's pit bull was running fast towards Rusty and I, the dog was growling to beat heck! I was scared and Rusty got all tensed up and started twisting around next to me the leash twisted up my hand and it hurt real bad and then his dog snapped at Rusty and growled more. Knowing Rusty trying to help me walk and being protective of me he growled back, then he twisted it more on my hand. The guy was just standing over near his truck smiling yet. He had let that damn dog off the leash for the hell of it and he was smiling at that! I started to panic and Rusty was jumping at the dog to keep him away from me and himself. 
That is when the guy finally came up and stood there with a smile and didn't say anything but snickered. That is when I started screaming because his dog took after Rusty and tried to bite him by this time. The guy grabbed his dog and I screamed at the guy and I told how rude, why did you let him go, he was on the leash and you let him go when you seen us. You disrupted my service dog and now your dog is working on biting him. He didn't say anything but still smiled. Grabbed his dog and put him back on the leash and then he like vanished into thin air. 

I finally made it to the RV, I was shaking so bad because I feared that dog attacking Rusty and myself. I told Don about it and he looked for him too. It was like the guy vanished into thin air - he was gone. Weird and Spooky!

I don't want anymore run in like that anymore. I know a lot of people have Pit Bulls but I don't like them and people should have special permits to have them. I think they are scary dogs. I don't trust them and I never will now. on on the other hand thinks that they should be outlawed. Some owners should be locked up. I am sure not all Pitbull's are mean, but I still think that they are scary!

No comments: