November 8, 2011

Yummy Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Oh yes I got very creative another day. hahaha Ya know Dog treats are so spendy in the stores now days and so I decided I was going to make some healthy ones for my Rusty dog. So I did and I will give you the recipe too. Let me say this OK, well I doubled the recipe and oh man do we ever have a supply now! *laughing* but that is OK we will have them for awhile, plus our Dog friends are going to get a baggie full of them too. :-) I had a lot of fun making these, yes you will see they are even fit for a person to eat them too. *laughing* But I wouldn't sit and munch on them all day *laugh* It is up to you hahahaha


Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Ingredients

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour, or as needed
  • 2 cups spelt flour
  • 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup flax seeds
  • 2 1/2 cups warm water
  • 1/2 cup natural peanut butter


Rusty waiting for something to drop on the floor and he managed to get a few pieces. hahaha

Knead it to it isn't sticky.

I don't have cookie cutters so I used what I could-I used the flashlight ring and it made the small treats just great!

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Combine wheat flour, spelt flour, oats, and flax seeds in large bowl. Stir in water and peanut butter. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing in more flour as needed until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with small cookie cutters into desired shapes, and place 3/4 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 40 minutes. Turn oven off; leave biscuits in oven until completely cool.



We have plenty ya think!! We now have a happy puppy, he has been without his treats for a week :( Poor guy!!


Ahhhh that was good. Thank You Mama!


No comments: