October 31, 2011

Another night That I Transformed into a Cat Lady Oct. 29, 2011

It was Oct. 29, 2011 and I transformed into the Cat Lady again. I don't have a lot of Cat Lady photos to this blog. You can go to me other one to see more of them.
My Makeup is painted on a little different on this night.

We had another costume contest at the Hersey The Cave Bar in Hersey WI. It is about a hour from where we live. Don & I love this bar because the people are so friendly and we always have a good time going there with our good friends Gene & Jody. I met some wonderful people there this time and we now have some new friends. Don & I wish we lived closer because that would be a bar that we would feel comfortable going into to sit and have a drink and socialize with people. I myself told Don many times that I don't like going into bars by myself, but this one I feel good about and I could. This Cave Bar is decorated inside just like a "cave" on the walls and the ceiling, it is a one of a kind bar and it is just so cool! Then they have their Mascot ya know:
The Caveman "Gene" 
There was lots of really neat costumes there that night. I remember seeing a skeleton Bride,Frankenstein's Bride, Frankenstein, Cowboy, 2 women with curlers and rollers in their hair called the Desperate housewives, Naughty schoolgirl, zombies,cat,warrior, beautiful fairy, phantom, goblins, zombie and more.
Desperate Housewives (Christie)
"Radio Drive" played there that night. Great Music!!
ME
A Phantom (Don)
A Fairytale - Little Red Riding Hood (Jody) and the Big Bad Wolf (Gene)
Beautiful Fairy (Heather)
Little red Riding Hood (Jody, Gene's wife)
Surprised!! because of this next note:
I remember something that happen to me that night and I was like ok! but I had to laugh it off though. This woman that Gene & Jody knew could not figure out if I was a woman or and man. She kept staring at me squinting her eyes and trying to figure it out. She leaned over to Gene several times to ask and she kept watching me lol I thought it was so funny. Well I suppose she asked Gene if I was female or male and Gene told well ask or find out, well she didn't ask lol she came over and she reached for my chest and felt around and low and behold I heard her say "Oh my gosh it is a woman under all that stuff." I just laughed so hard, it was funny. Because really it was very hard to figure out if I was a woman or a man. Because men do wear these costumes in "Cats."
Back to the story:
Now it was time for the contest at 1am in the morning. They told everyone that was going to join in the contest to stand up front. So some of us did, It looked like many of them left. Don says maybe because with the way my costume was, maybe they thought that they went someplace else because they knew they weren't going to win. hahahaha oh well what are you going to do ya know.That is how things go. So how did they judge us? By who all was there that night and they clapped and whistled and yelled so whoever got the loudest won. Here we all are starting with 3rd place:
Zombie (Corine) She was even a Zombie at the Village of Terror near Eau Claire. She won 3rd Place here at the Hersey Cave Bar
Little Red Riding Hood & Big Bad Wolf won 2nd Place
and now for the first place winner!!!!!

He stands outside,

She crouches inside,
Both of them waiting for the right moment.
Edging toward the opening on soft, pink tissue-paper feet.
Whiskers twitching,
Sniffing the air for the scent of danger,
She tenses her body.
Minutes pass.
Muscles cry out to be released but remain taut.
And then . . .
Whoosh!
A streak of gray fur shoots from the hole,
And a black velvet paw lands,
She catches the mouse!
1st Place Winner
$75.00

I won a total of $320 this weekend with this costume!
from the Musical called "Cats" but my costume is all homemade.

We had a blast this weekend so now we are recouping from all the excitement!






No comments: