March 15, 2012

Words to Live By

Over the years I have dealt with a lot of bad memories of a lot of things in the past and I have taken it upon myself to change many of my old ways. I have taken classes/courses and I am still seeing a counselor so that I may heal the right way. I am so proud of myself that I have taken that opportunity to take that BIG step forward for myself. I am not doing it for anyone but me. It is a challenge but a good one. I struggle at times with certain bad decisions I have made throughout my lifetime. But this is life and you live and learn from the mistakes you make. I have made many mistakes. 

It is all about Change and Moving on...*Life in the PRESENT moment"

Here are many quotes that I believe that fit in my life that I would like to share with you. You might also love some of them as well.

I am on a new journey in my life now - the past is gone - this is the PRESENT - the future is not here yet. I am different, things are different. Please understand if you bring up any past issues...they are gone...time to move on...if you refuse to listen to me after I tell you that is the past and it is over, then just know this I will just walk away from you and refuse to listen to you. what done is done...move on and make it better and be happy. 

I am NEW person and I live in the NOW!
Forgiveness:

"When a deep injury is done us, we never recover until we forgive."

"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future."

"True forgiveness is not an action after the fact, it is an attitude with which you enter each moment."

"Anger makes us smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were."

"Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave. "

"Many people are afraid to forgive because they feel they must remember the wrong or they will not learn from it. The opposite is true. Through forgiveness, the wrong is released from its emotional stranglehold on us so that we can learn from it. Through the power and intelligence of the heart, the release of forgiveness brings expanded intelligence to work with the situation more effectively."


"Whether it's the wrongs we have done (to others or ourselves), or the wrongs that others have committed against us, forgiveness is necessary in order to move forward with our lives, to be happy, and to recover."


"Forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves. It's not a magic eraser, or a way to excuse or justify offending behavior (or to allow it to continue). It's a way of letting go of our anger, resentment, embarrassment, and pain. It empowers us, allowing us to regain peace and begin healing."

"When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free."

"Forgive or Relive."

"It is very easy to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit and gumption to forgive them for having witnessed your own."

"Sincere forgiveness isn't colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don't worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time.
Acceptance:


"The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life is the source from which self-respect springs."

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give."

"Acceptance of others, their looks, their behaviors, their beliefs, bring you an inner peace and tranquillity -- instead of anger and resentment."

"The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance."

"If I could define enlightenment briefly I would say it is 'the quiet acceptance of what is'."

"Happiness can only exist in acceptance."

"Acceptance of one's life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes, with all the handicaps of heredity, of suffering, of psychological complexes and injustices."

"Asking someone to leave their service dog at home is the same as asking someone to leave their wheelchair behind,"

"Give love and unconditional acceptance to those you encounter, and notice what happens."

"Acceptance comes from meeting life's challenges vigorously. Don't numb yourself to your trials and difficulties, nor build mental walls to exclude pain from your life. You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory."
The Hope and The Fight:


"When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better."

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle."

"Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting."


"Once you choose hope, anything's possible."
~Christopher Reeve


"You cannot solve a problem until you acknowledge that you have one and accept responsibility for solving it."

"We acquire the strength we have overcome."
New Beginnings:

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

"Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment...this day...is as good as any moment in all eternity. I shall make of this day...each moment of this day...a heaven on earth. This is my day of opportunity."

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."

"Whatever you do or dream you can do ... begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it."

"You will never win, if you never begin."


"Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful."

"All glory comes from daring to begin."


"What appears to be the end may really be a new beginning."

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

"One step must start each journey."

"When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of all purpose; what a wonderful opportunity to start all over again, to turn over a new page."
Attitude:


"Could we change our attitude, we should not only
see life differently,but life itself would come to be different."


"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."

"Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold."

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out."

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude."

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorn; I am thankful that thorns have roses."
Inner Strength:

"If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes."

"If your senses are numbed with delusion and denial, you will stop looking for these true strengths and wind up living a second-rate version of someone's life rather than a world class version of your own."
Letting Go:

"Don't let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries."

"Stand up and walk out of your history."

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?"

"I am responsible for what I see. I can elect to change all thoughts that hurt. I could see peace instead of THIS. The past is over - it can touch me not. This instant is the only time there is. Today I will judge nothing that occurs. I am not the victim of the world I see. I can escape from the world  I see by giving up attack thoughts. I am determined to see things differently. I am never upset for the reason I think. Forgiveness is the key to happiness. All that I give I give to myself."

"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward."
Self-love:


" A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with with bricks that others throw at him or her." 

"Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults."

"Self-love is the greatest of all flatterers."

" The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique."

"Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong."

"When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it may be that they take better care of it there."

"Where there is great love there are always miracles."
Self Worth:


"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love & affection."
Buddah

"Self-worth comes from one thing ... thinking that you are worthy."
Wayne Dyer

Change:

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."

"If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got."

"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."

"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change."

"The key to change... is to let go of fear."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers."

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."

"There is a danger of changing too much in the search for perfection."

"If you don't create change, change will create you."

"Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living in better conditions."

"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change." 
Joy:

"A joyful life is an individual creation that cannot be copied from a recipe."


"Joy is a return to the deep harmony of body, mind, and spirit that was yours at birth and that can be yours again. That openness to love, that capacity for wholeness with the world around you, is still within you."
Deepak Chopra  


"I feel like a tiny bird with a big song!"


"Love, joy and peace cannot flourish until you have freed yourself from mind dominance." 
Eckhart Tolle 

Positivity:

"Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life."

"If we think happy thoughts, we will be happy. If we think miserable thoughts, we will be miserable."

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

"Positive feelings come from being honest about yourself and accepting your personality, and physical characteristics, warts and all; and, from belonging to a family that accepts you without question."
Courage:

"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next."

"Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears."

"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar."

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."

"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."

"Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, “Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.”

"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give."

"All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination."

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful."

"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising, which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage."

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."

"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot."

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

"Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow."

"Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity."
Moving Forward:


Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.



You have to decide if you're going to wilt like a daisy or if you're just going to go forward and live the life that you've been granted.

Stride forward with a firm, steady step knowing with a deep, certain inner knowing that you will reach every goal you set yourselves, that you will achieve every aim .

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.

I am prepared to go anywhere, provided it be forward.

Life is a series of adjustments; You can make changes along the way, but if you didn’t start moving forward you'll never get anywhere!

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. 

My trust in a higher power that wants me to survive and have love in my life, is what keeps me moving forward.

By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward.

When a thing is done, it's done. Don't look back. Look forward to your next objective.

There is trust in there being a Spirit who loves me and wants me to have love in my life. I trust in this higher power, it is what keeps me moving forward no matter what happens.

"Things can fall apart, or threaten to, for many reasons, and then there's got to be a leap of faith. Ultimately, when you're at the edge, you have to go forward or backward; if you go forward, you have to jump together."


So it's like starting over again, but I look forward to the challenge.
Possibilities:

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!


I dwell in possibility...

Nothing is impossible to the willing heart. 

Our thoughts and imagination are the only real limits to our possibilities.

Most people are not really free; they are confined by the niche in the world that they carve out for themselves. They limit themselves to fewer possibilities by the narrowness of their vision. 




No comments: