May 15, 2012

Enjoying Life at it's Best

May is the Fishing opener and at this time it is time to go fishing!

Got worms? Check
Got Leaches? Check
Got tackle box? Check
Got hooks? Check
Got weights? Check
Got my favorite repel minnow? Check

Oh Yeah!

Got Poles??? Check!

Ok we are ready to go. Are you ready? Ok here we go......

It is a nice sunny warm day and we are headed to Bear Lake.
The first day we went fishing was a couple days after the opener. That is ok to many people were probably out the first day anyways. the fish probably seen to many hooks in the water that day. *laughing* We had a great turn out on the day we went fishing there. Don cast his line out and reeled back in over and over again. Each time he had something on his magic hook. Yep he caught BASS and they were all keepers. The Biggest one was 13" long. And then I thought wow I am going to try it and I caught a one too. We got a total of six Bass that evening.

They look small here but really they aren't. Here is my fish below.
Actually later on it got cool and windy. I was freezing. Ya think! *Laughing*

Then we went the next day again and Don had the magic hook again. I did too! Between the two of us we caught 10 Bass altogether. Yep they were all keepers. The biggest was mine, I caught a 15" Bass. We were fishing with......shhhhh one fisherman never tells their secrets! Hahahaha
They just love being near the culverts though. :-) 
I know it is a little blurry but you can still see my catch. :) 

Don Cleaning the fish. He doesn't fillet them like I do. My dad taught me how to fillet fish. I remember that I used to love going to the fish house with my Dad when I was younger and watch him clean all the fish. I even asked my Dad to show me a heart of a fish and he did. I even used to pick up different parts with my bare hands. Back then I never had any trouble with it. But since we fished in that one lake over by Cameron and I cleaned the fish I saw the actually live worms in the fish from those black spots. Ugh YUCK! After that I have this thing about after I clean a fish I cannot eat it, no matter if they don't have black spots. Plus I cannot stand the smell of fish anyhow. Yuck! *laughing* You can have it and I will go eat my sparkpeople diet food. :) 

Then several days later we went fishing again but we met up with Marsha & Mark at Bear lake & fished with them for awhile. 
We had a great time. Marsha and I sat in the lawn chairs and had some good laughs together. 

(One of my favorite photos of Don fishing)

Some photos of Rusty...He loves to descale fish and he plays with them, sad thing is though they end up dying in the process. So we have decided that isn't such a good idea anymore. Poor fish!

Don caught 4 Bass again, we didn't want them so we gave them to Mark & Marsha. We also invited them over for a little fish fry too. Good Laughs! 

We had a great time with Marsha & Mark!
Great Memories!
Thank you!













No comments: