June 10, 2012

Free Mud Pac Available!

Sit Down - Hang on - Don't scream or cry in my ears - But laugh and have FUN!
Let's go riding!!
Oh yea just so you know this!
HANG ON!!

Oh yes it tis the season! So grab your gear and lets hit the trails! 

We have been waiting for Memorial Day weekend. Why? Well for starters that is when the ATV trails open up around here. I am not talking about the Wild River or the Tuscobia trails because those two are always open. I am talking about the Spider Lake loop and others!

This is where I say women go out and pay for mud pacs for your skin. WHY? When you can jump on the back of my ATV and get one for free! Haha! If you ride with me your going to get muddy because I dive for the puddles and the mud! I am a tomboy at heart! Do you think you will be safe riding with my husband? Haha! Guess again! He is a man that loves to get down right dirty as well.! (I mean mud dirty ladies) *laughing*

If you are going to ride with us, then you will need to ride with one of us for sure. We had three ATV's but one just is asking for to much money to get it fixed so we are parting it out for our other hawkeye. :( Was hoping to have three ATV's for this summer but it isn't turning out as planned! But you can STILL come out to Whitetail Ridge Campground here in Sarona to ride with us! Just hop on and hang on because

Please note that if you are going to whine, cry or scream in our ears, well then you aren't going to ride with us. We do this for fun, to laugh, and have a great time. If you are afraid to get dirty from some measley ole dirt. Well then this sport is not for you!

We start off from Whitetail Ridge Campground and head over to Birchwood area on Silo road/30th, which is the ATV trail. For awhile it is black top - ugh we don't like this part! Puts wear and tear on our tires! But then we get to Birchwood and we are on the dirt trails! Woo Hoo! We went on Spider Lake Loop 31S(south). Just remember it rained hard the day before! Can you imagine what the trails were like? 
Oh yea this is where you would be sitting if you were with me! Hehe!
Like I said "I DIVE FOR MUD!"
In other words I am NOT afraid to get muddy! I have OCD but not with this at all, just cleaning my home I do! 
We went further on the trail and saw some wildlife, it was nice. The farther we got into the woods we found many places that had a lot of clear cut areas from logging. There was one area I wish I had taken a picture of because it was "Beautiful!" Lots of pine trees and ferns everywhere you looked! Next time we are on it I will make sure to get photos of it. Then there was the rugged rocky trails too. And more MUD! Lots and lots of MUD! Oh yea! 


There was a couple of times where my husband had to pull me out, but I was laughing and having a good time! Thank goodness Rusty wasn't along for the ride this time. I can just imagine what would have happened! *laughing* He would have been a very muddy puppy indeed! 
Yep I am a tomboy at heart and not afraid to get dirty! I know some are scared to death of getting dirty and need to wash everything and themselves off right away! Not me! Got Mud? Bring it on!The more muddier the better! 
So we finally got to the Spider Lake Sports Bar & RV park. Our arms were surely feeling it now. I know my was! My steering was off because I needed Tirods, but I managed the best I could. I remember when we first started to Birchwood, I went through a mud hole and I went through at a good speed to make it through, well I hit the mud hole and it spun me around only to be facing my husband and another guy coming towards me. I laughed but inside it spooked me, but I went on with it! *laughing* 

A memory( some know about it and some of you don't): I also remember doing the same type of thing a week in 2005 before my husband and I got married. But in that process I hit a tree head on. (The tree got in the way I say). I remember I was flying high up in the air like I was still on my atv holding on. I came down out of the sky and when I did this my left foot and leg hit my son's atv as he passed by me on his tire. I ended up flat on my back and the wind knocked out of me. I remember seeing my husband and my son standing above me asking me if I was ok. My pride was hurt and I wasn't in a good mood. But you know they always say get back up on your steed and go again or you will never do it again. I got back up on my atv and rode off. Never again will I do that. That tree today has my marking on it, I know because we pass by it on this trail all the time. 

But here is my husband & I at the Spider Lake Inn resting before we head out for more of the dusty trail ahead of us.

We rested for awhile and then we headed down the trail to go back to Whitetail Ridge where our home on wheels is located at. We had a blast on this day!



I look so sad in this photo *laugh* I wasn't!
Are game for a ride with me?
If you are ging to ride with us please make sure that you wear clothes that you do not mind to get all dirty. This "was" my white socks!
This mud that we end up going through will ruin clothing at times. We will not be held responsible for your ruined clothes.

Just make note this is NOT a scary experience, it is FUN not scary!
No whiners allowed! 
Have some fun and good laughter or stay off the trails!

Just so you know when we haven't had much rain the trails aren't so muddy, but they are very dusty and yes you will need a bandana to wear on your face and goggles/sun glasses of some sort. 

Come on out here and ride with us!
My favorite quote:


















No comments: