April 23, 2012

Hi Ya everyone!!! 
We are at Whitetail Ridge Campground! We have been here since March 31, 2012. 
This is a BIG step for the both of us in our NEW LIFE living in our motor home now. Our motor home is 25' in length. We are both going through a new transition period of our life. Don is retired and I am used to being by myself. The two cats and the dog are under our feet. Dog is shedding and we are both going beserk because of the hair. 


Don got to experience one thing - I have OCD really bad of making sure that the place is spotless and no hair to be found anywhere. I have even cried in tears because I cannot get it clean enough how I want it. I am awfully picky in my old age of 46 yrs. *Laughing* I had to take back a vacuum cleaner to Walmart because it wasn't doing the job that I wanted it to do. I now have a hand held Shark vacuum cleaner and yes I actually sit on the floor and vacuum because I cannot stand it being at all messy. Don has had to hold me and tell me to chill out because I cried so bad because I couldn't get it cleaned spotless. I clean at least twice a day. Yes I vacuum EVERYTHING in the process. See this is one thing that Don needs to get used too. He was never home because he was working and our duplex was spotless! So I expect this to be spotless as well. But I have found out it is very hard to do. But the hair no way that is a no no for me. 
Me shed??? Nahhh Mama hasn't found any yet!
The DOG does it all!
It's that black furball not me!

We have had to learn to step over the animals to make it in this motor home. We love this MH but I have to admit I don't think we even thought about the animals when we bought it. Because we need more room! We also need MORE storage in Cabinet space and the bathroom is way to small too! We wished it had slide outs also. *laughing* But we have to learn how to manage. Don said several times that he wanted to give the cats away and I refuse. Why? Well we had a beautiful home in AZ that one year and it wasn't a problem then. My opinion if he would have found a job before we moved down there, then we would have still been there. But it didn't work out that way did it. So here we are managing with it. We love Slinky, Sassie, & Rusty but the shedding of the hair with the dog? Oh my I clean clean clean clean clean and clean. Ughhh....A never ending battle. Gives us something to pass our time with right?? *laughing*


Don has found something that he enjoys doing and that is reading Mack Bolan books. Wow I didn't think he enjoyed that really. But boy he has his nose stuck in those books all the time and he reads FAST! I am so amazed! He loves it! He also messes around with the ATV's, he goes down to the Backwoods Saloon (Campground Bar and Rec hall) and watches the Nascar Races every weekend now. He also loves to build things with wood! He is REALLY GOOD at it! He made some really nice wooden blocks that our motor home  is sitting on to level it.
Don made these blocks to help keep our RV level.
Don reading again :-) He amazes me! 

We also go down to Backwood Saloon from time to time to visit with our friend Ashley during the weekdays. We aslo go down there in the evening time to time to get a pizza...wow cheesy pizza's YUM! Just the other night they had music by Rob Knowlton - EXCELLENT! They have music every other weekend of some sort. It is nice! 
Jeff behind the bar.
 Me? Well I have bending a lot of reading myself on my ipad2 on the kindle version. I have been drawing and watercolor painting as well. I get online from time to time to check on my Freecycle & Cafe groups in Barron County that I volunteered to be a Administrator of. I am always on my Facebook on my iphone4S or when I can get online. Just to touch base with my family, and friends. But lately I have been trying to ween myself off it. I have to much other things to do besides sit and wait for comments on my FB wall. *Laughing* I will be taking more nature photos soon. :-) 

Boy we sure have had to deal with the cold spells up here in Northern Wisconsin that is for sure! A couple of night it has gotten down to the 20's in fact. Brrrrr that is cold. We are also waiting for our tank that hooks up to our MH for the black and gray water. When we get that we will be all set for the summer here. Oh my I almost forgot to tell you about our HEAVY Frost! Yes that is what we are calling it! We don't like the white stuff in the middle of April!

GLAD that this didn't last long that is for sure! The weather has sure been weird! 


There was a day that we had to take our MH off of the chock blocks to go into Shell Lake to empty down here near the bar. They also filled our tank with water too. (Thank you Jeff & Tammy).So in the process we drove to Shell Lake looking for LP. No such luck so we had to drive all the way to Spooner. We did and no one was around where we went to go get it and we ended up driving all the way to Rice Lake with it. I can tell you it was a CRABBY day that day! We got back and had to put the MH back up on the new blocks that Don made and it was cold, rainy, and wet. Grrrrrr we were BOTH bears! *Laughing*
Them orange blocks SUCK!
He was very crabby because the orange blocks that we spent $34 on kept breaking. I kept my mouth shut because of Grumpy there. 
 Yep we have heat. We now have a piece that is called stay a while which is a T piece that we can hook up to a separate LP tank and it can run into our Motor Home (MH) and also into a gas grill too. Kinda nice to have if you are planning to "stay a while" somewhere. When the gas isn't on we bought a ceramic tower heater (Thank you Slim for telling that good idea.) It helps and heats up a good majority of our MH. The one thing we can't seem to understand is why the bathroom isn't heating up with our heater system built in the MH. Also our bedroom is cooler too, I think it is just weird. But needless to say that we are staying warm in our home on wheels. 


I believe this is another HUGE test to see if we can handle us being together in such a tight place. He is retired and I am used to being by myself the majority of the day. The animals are under feet. We get stressed at certain times with certain things. He has took a walk a few times and believe it or not I have too. I even had to say leave me be and go sit behind the truck and take a breather and then come back out and say I am sorry or he has said it at different times also. We have our heated moments like anyone. Try living under the same roof with two people that are just a like with ptsd from stress related. *laughing* But all in all we LOVE each other and enough to walk away and take a walk or just burst out laughing and say it was stupid anyways. We are quite very different then we used to be. The only time when things don't go right is when either of of has a tiff. *laughing* But we are doing GREAT! People would think we were a different couple now days. But we both believe living under this roof we believe it is another test. We are managing it and it WILL GET BETTER! 
So do we have neighbors yet? Yep here and there, it seems that a lot of them stay only the weekends. But there is a few now that stay everyday. We think that is great because for awhile there it was like we were in a movie, like the zombies...where you wake up the next day and everyone was gone but you! hahahahaha But more and more people are starting to come out here now. The water is on and that is probably why too. :-) 


Last night as we layed in bed we heard a Coyote barking/yipping and then a LOUD howl to another one across the ways, then we heard the whole pack howling in the distant. But this Coyote was VERY near like just right in the field near our sites on Wolf Drive. It was cool but it sounded like the Coyote was right there on the drive, it may have been but we couldn't see it because it was dark. We also saw a cute Woodchuck too. There are lots of Robins around here and they are all FAT it seems..maybe to stay warm?? Do the wildlife bother you? NO! Why would they?? Common sense you don't bother them and they won't bother you. You don't have food in your tent and they won't try to get in. *laughing* But the TICKS are just nasty nasty this year!! The early spring didn't help us there either. So far Rusty has had 5 deer ticks on his face but they weren't embedded at all. Don found two on him and I had one I do believe. I had to spray hot soapy water a few different times on our lawn with DAWN detergent ( Yes that works). To keep them down to a minimal level. So far so good and thank goodness! Make sure if you come camping up here with us this summer you have OFF with you. They are in the grass! 
Thinner Robin
Fat Robin
Woodchuck

We will be here till September and then we will be heading to Sierra Vista, AZ and boy we can't wait! The weather here is way to COLD for us anymore and both of our bodies felt better in the dryer climate and heat. Not here. I am not saying WI sucks because it doesn't. WI is beautiful but just not for us and we both have health reasons to move to the dryer climates where it is warmer. 


Here are some photos to share with you. Read underneath of what they are. (Click to make bigger and easier to see). 
We bought this mat - Racing checkers! 
Cheap?? No they are not cheap!
We are going to be making a deck soon. :-)
Has been approved by management (Jeff).
Out the back window of our MH. 
You can see other RV's off in the distance.
Rusty is tied up :-) 
Bear Lake just down Bear Lake Rd. Right on the ATV route.
Whitetail Ridge Campground is going to have a Fishing contest and Fish Fry June 2, 2012. June 2nd is the day that you don't need a fishing license to fish. ( Mom & Dad will be here this weekend) A very shallow lake we see & sandy too. Swimming? Maybe wading.
Shell Lake, Wisconsin just right around the corner on hwy 63. We aren't far from Shell Lake. How cool is that! We are going swimming here! 
I was under the weather here and running a high temp, sore throat, sinus infection. I was exhausted here. Not no more though!! YAY!!! But now Don has it - Poor guy! 
Beautiful Sunset looking out the front of our RV
Don my husband
(No longer has his goatee)
1st Spring flower :-) 
This is one of the tanks we are waiting for for our black & gray water. We ended up buying a Portable Holding tank that we can hook on the back of our ATV and take it down to the dump to empty versus moving our MH. We bought a 20 gal blue tank off of the Rice Lake WI Cafe group that I run for only $40 and they aren't cheap either. We can't wait to get our tank. 
Don't plant your seeds upside down because this is what happens to the trees seeds planted. (We found out that the guy that put this in also put a wooden guy next to the fence too. I guess when the batteries are in the wooden guy is motion detected. When you go past the wooden guy pees out near your vehicle. *laughing hard* This is down the road on Bear Lake Rd. We never noticed it working. The guy that made this has passed away since and his wife is still lives here. There is a Taradactile at the top of this upside down tree. 

More to come in the blogs! 
Have a Great Day All! 






No comments: