July 23, 2011

Tubing down the Namekogon River

Ok I am writing in my blog again today. hahaha I am trying to catch up to the present day, I have fallen behind on my blog. :-( 

Lots of people waiting to get on the river!
This is one is about out 1st tubing trip down the Namekogon river this summer in 2011 with Donald Jr. & his girlfriend Chrissy. It started out that we were waiting to see if the rain was going to stop and then I made a prediction and said ok I believe it isn't going to rain up there and the sky is going to be blue and we are gonna go down that river one way or another. lol So I let Jim know that if you are going with us then go with us and if not then stay home lol. We left with out him. 
Meet Donald Jr. & Chrissy
Donald Jr. is my step son (Don's son)
Chrissy is my Best Friend's step daughter (Scott's daughter).
She is a sweetheart that needs a fresh new start at life and have someone that cares about her after all these years. Don & I have been hanging around these two for a awhile now because we "LOVE" being around them and we "LOVE" them. Chrissy has adopted me as a 2nd Mom and I love that! I especially love when Donald Jr. calls me "Ma" that makes me feel good inside like I am wanted to be a part of his life. He is a good person and has a good heart. We love doing things with them and vise versa with us. 
"We love you guys!!"

Believe it or not! My Prediction was right after all - there was blue skies off and on and it never rained. Boy was I good or what!! So we went down that river with Chrissy and Donald Jr. and boy was that water ICE cold too. I had a different type of tube and the inside had mesh in it instead of having it where my butt was hanging down in the tube into the water. Mine was very comfortable, a back rest,and it even has cup holders too. I didn't think people went down the river in these types of tubes and I thought it was only the car, truck and tractor tubes. But Now days the river isn't like it used to be with all the rapids. Yeah there was some but not like it was when I was a kid.
I look uncomfortable but I wasn't *laughing* :-) 
This river the deepest it get is about 5 to 6 foot deep. We start out up at Earl Wi. and go down to Trego Wi. and on the river it takes about 4 hours to finally go down the river. But to drive in the truck on the road about 10 mins. WOW eh! The water was clear and the sun was shining from time to time. We had a great time anyways laughing and smiling. 
Don, Donald Jr.(my step son) and Chrissy
Donald Jr. & Chrissy
There was all different things to see all the river and we didn't see any wildlife , except Wild drunkards that were floating down the river. The worst part they were throwing there cans in the river. :( They should have got fined!! I did have our digital camera with me and believe me it was in 2 different ziplocs so it wouldn't get wet. thank Goodness it didn't but Chrissy's did :( 
No beer, we just had water, pop and chips going down the river then.
My Favorite saying:
"You don't have to be drunk to have some fun." 
So we weren't, don't get me wrong we do like to go out and have fun but we only drink socially and not to get sloppy drunk. lol Why would you want to get drunk on a tube anyhow? You might fall through your tube and get stuck that way. hahaha Then again there was two canoes that stopped every so often to drink and the woman in the front was a heavy set woman and the suit she had on was just way to small (not a pretty sight believe me). She even had to ask her guy friend if it was ok to open a beer up now. He told her to go for it and she sounded pickled already and Don & I thought she was going to topple over into the water. We were waiting for it to happen that is for sure. lol That would have been funny! 
Ahoy Matey!!
Don and his walking stick - he used it to get up off the tube when it was shallow enough and he used it to stop himself or push him away from certain items in the river. It was handy that is for sure. There were times that I even dragged my butt on the small rocks but not a whole lot though.
So relaxing and at one point Chrissy fell asleep in her tube.
I don't get in pictures very often so I took my own photo *laughing*
Rapids? Rocks?? My Butt is gonna hurt!!! Hang on Lauri here we go!
Having a great time!
(Best Friends)

We had a blast on this day even if Jim & his friends didn't come with us!

More to come about tubing down the river.....

Finely we found people that have the same interests as us!!










No comments: