August 10, 2012

Summer 2012 ~ My Parents visited Whitetail Ridge Campground

 Oh I have to say I was so excited about my folk's coming up here to Whitetail Ridge Campground to visit. Don was getting excited too. And Rusty sat in the window everytime I said "Is Grandma & Grandpa coming." LOL
We were counting down the days.
We had work to do before Mom & Dad got here...we had a good place to put our surprise that we had for them. My family knows about our really cool ways of surprising our parents, like that one Christmas 2007 jumping out of the box in AZ and they weren't expecting us at all. Those were great times! But this time we had something that we didn't want them to see right away. haha.

I stayed in touch with them on the phone and not to much later they drove up....There they were. We were both so EXCITED! We let them get into there site on #20. :) Got Rusty's gear on and Don, myself & Rusty went up to see them and help them get set up. It was so good to see my parents again. I was so happy that I wanted to cry, but I didn't but when my Mom & I hugged it was a nice long hug. I have missed my parents so much. We had so much to talk about and so much to do with them before they had to leave. After they got set up, they wanted to come and see our Class A Motorhome. So we walked down to our place...Brought them inside and they loved our new little home. Then Don went outside with my Dad and as they were walking around outside. My Mom and I were talking about this motor home and a few other things. I said look aren't we missing something outside? She said yes...where is your Dakota? Did you park it somewhere else? I said nope, it is out there can't you see it? She said no. I made a hand motion and said Walla it is right over there. Her eyes lit up and she said Omgosh...really? My Mom had tears in her eyes and she was so happy that we no longer had the Dakota, in fact we have something way better. She got all teared up and said Thank the Lord, my prayers have been answered. She was so happy! Sometime after Don & Dad came back in...Mom said something to Dad about looking for the Dakota, he said he never really paid attention but thought it was parked somewhere else. That is when I said hang on let me go get it. So I walked right across the street, but Dad never really payed any attention where I went. I got in my new truck and I drove it up in front of our RV. I seen Dad's head pop up in the window - twice. But when I got inside - I heard my Mom say see Ed I told you they have a new truck. He was amazed just like my Mom. They were so happy for us! No more Dakota problems...we put a over abundance of money into the Dakota and it still gave out on us and wouldn't start much. We had replaced the sensors at least 4 to 6 times and still nothing. So my son said over the phone - Ok Mom you really need to start looking and soon, get rid out it before it gives out on you and then you can't trade it in. So we did and here is what we got.
We now have a Dodge Ram 1998 (New to me) & it is a Diesel Truck. Not fond of White but at the time we couldn't really be picky, we needed something right now. So here it is! Also while my parents were here we bought ourselves a 12 foot long enclosed ultility trailer to hole all our belongings. Mike has known about this truck since March when we first got it and neither us or Mike has told them. Boy I tell you holding this secret was pretty hard this time. *laughing* I even had some photos of our motorhome that you could see the truck in them. but they figured it was someone else's truck. *laughing* 

I have to say this was the BEST time with my parents on vacation. I wanted to tell you everything that happened here, but it has been a few months since they were here and so I might have forgot a few things. So what I am going to do is show you all sorts of photos and tell you what they are underneath them. But I just want to show you our time with my parents was FANTASTIC! Don & I even took them out to eat for their late 50th Anniversary dinner. (Please read beneath all the photos - also click on them to make them bigger). 


We got to meet my parents new kitty. So cute!


Max is the most Amazing cat ever! He is the Chorus cat!
This furball of love is a Miracle! 
My parents even give him a IV and medicine to keep him going. Poor Max almost didn't make it last summer after his kidney's were trying to give out on him. But they saved him. I LOVE MAX!(Max is the bigger cat and he is a Maine Coon Cat) My parents have had Max a very long time. The most gentle cat in the world! 
Meet Sisi or is it spelled Cici lol (Sierra)
WOW this cat usually don't like me and this time she surprised me. 

Lovey dovey with me - which is totally odd for this cat!
In fact I cannot stand white cats - nope I dislike white cats and have ever since I was a young girl when our neighbors white cat bit me. Ever since then me and white cats don't mix. Bring on Black cats or any other cat but NOT white! LOL 
She hates Rusty, because he picks on here! Ha Ha

Petting my parents dog "KC" here - Rusty's buddy!
This is Bear Lake just right down the road from Whitetail Ridge Campground.
This is where we go fishing a lot for Bass. 
My Dad & his buddy Rusty - (my dog)
I was helping my Mom with the dishes. shhh she doesn't know I snapped this photo! *laugh* 

Now just to let you know - I don't remember what order anything went in and so I will share all the fun photos of our time with my parents. 
Mom & I 
We took Mom & Dad for a ride on our ATV's again this year. We had a great time! We went to Leesome Lake - yes they have trails to get there from Whitetail. :-) 
Don & Dad
Dad is all ready to beat the dusty trail!
Dad & Don
Smoking break

Ready to go down the trail to get to Leesome Lake.
I was very gentle driving because of Mom's back. She said I was very good. I told her that is only because you are on here. Otherwise she probably would freak if she seen what I can do on this thing and in the mud. LOL 

I love you Mom & Dad!
When we get down there you will need to go with us sometime again in the desert!
Mom - no need to do your hair for this ride!
Are we having fun yet?
OK Men lets get this show on the road! Oh my did I just say what my Mom always says? HA! I did!!! :-) 

You said what? 
Mother & Daughter fun!
Well I guess we better get ready to go so the ladies can have their free mud pacs. LOL
Say's it all! 
(My favorite hat of them all! I got from Branson MO)
Ok Guys - Are you ready yet??
Ok now we are at Leesome Lake visiting Patti & Johnny! 
Things are a little rough with John, but Patti still plugs away at taking care of him. Working with people with Altzheimers it is challenging! 
Not a fun Disease to have!


Johnny, Patti, Dad, & Mom
They stayed there for awhile because Don & I went back to get the truck because it was raining. On the way back to Whitetail, we ran into a black bear cub and Big Mama wasn't far behind her cub. So they got to visit with Patti & Johnny for a bit. Dad was sad because he wanted to go back with Don. But we made it up to Dad later that week, he got to drive my atv and have some fun out on the trails with Don.

Showing you how the lake is WAY down. The lily pad area where we caught Turtles is almost all dried up. Sad I know :( 
This is where the boats used to sit on the shoreline.
Beach
Looking at the old well house.
Dad walking

It is sad that Leesome Lake is so down this year. Hopefully someday this beautiful clear lake doesn't ever dry up. A lot of the lakes up here are dried up already. :( Lake Seymour is just as bad! 
Leesome 
Standing at the edge of the water where we swim - looking back at the sites.
Standing on the beach looking over towards the Lily pads area.
Standing on the beach looking over towards where the dock is.
Leesome Lake Campground
I remember when we were kids taking walks down the dirt roads. I wouldn't really do that anymore because of fear of the Timber Wolf packs in this area. Scary! They are all over the place and getting worse every year! Where we are right now at Whitetail, we hear them every night howling. We even had one run across from our site into the woods one night coming home from Shell Lake. Spooky!! (But that site was up in the woods - we are now down near the bar). 
Mom got to meet my Friend Kristine while they were here :-) 
Mom talking to Kris and Max sleeping

We took Mom & Dad fishing down at Bear Lake. Dad & Don did the majority of it. 
Kris is sitting over there with Mom. 

Bear Lake
Rusty sitting by the campfire
Its not called camping without a campfire. 
We went to Hayward Wi. - that is one thing that you need to do is go to Hayward Wi. The candy shop is here! YUM!
Mom & I at Coop's The Pizza Bar!
I love my Mama!

Don & Dad


Yes this fish is alive and swimming in a HUGE fish tank!
Yup still at the Pizza Bar!
I love these!
I love Sunflowers so I got my photo taken by them!


Mom & her friend

The Candy Shoppe 
Homemade Fudge, & Peanut Brittle and lots of other goodies too!
Dad & Don went on the atv's and according to Don, Dad was WILD on it. He was like a speed demon. Passing by people's homes going faster then 10 mph like the road sign said. lol I can't help but laugh and I would have loved to had been there, watching my Dad fly on my ATV. Like Father like daughter eh!
Ahh what a ride!!
Myself, Don & Dad taking the dogs out for a walk. This is my favorite past time - I walk when I am able to do so. :-) 

Lazy cats!



Go away Rusty! Leave me alone please!
Reow! Hiss! Spit! Growlll!

This is my parents Wedding photo!
They were married for 50 years in 2011
They got to use my Grandma & Grandpa Mc's 50th Anniversary woodcarving that my Dad made for them. We weren't at the party in AZ. :-( 
My parents at the 50th Anniversary Party in AZ.
But when they were up here we took them out for their Anniversary to celebrate it our way. So we took them out for dinner. Rice Lake Wi has a beautiful new Resturant near the old Kmart building. We all had a great time, smiled, laughed, and ate! :-) Our tummies were full when we left there! Good food!




We love you Dad & Mom!
We are so happy you had a wonderful time with us!

We were all four in the Backwoods Saloon Bar & Rec hall that is on the grounds at Whitetail Ridge Campground. This is where I spend some of my days talking to my close friend that is like a daughter to me. I sit and chit chat with her and drink a nice tall glass of ice water. 
Mom showing her watches and watch bands to Ashley's Grandma and also Ashley too.



Yep my hair was this dark.

Myself, Ashley & Mom/ Grandma
God sent an Angel to me and her name is Ashley!
Thank you Ashley for being a good true friend.
Love you lots!
The whole family (owners) of Whitetail Ridge Campground is what we call good friends.
Oh yeah! Mom & Dad loved out Class A Motor Home! 
:-) 


















No comments: