April 3, 2011

Someday's No Freedom As I Wish


(My Day below following description)


Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN), also known as Tic Douloureux, is considered by many to be the "most terrible pain known to man."  The electric shock-like pain generally is on one side of the face or head and is spasmodic, coming in short bursts lasting a few seconds.   Several attacks can follow each other within minutes.  There are often trigger points, places on the face which, if touched,  trigger an attack.. Eating, shaving, applying makeup, cold/cool breezes, stress, and talking can be triggers.  There can be periods of remission when pain is completely absent. These periods of remission, which  can last days, weeks, months, even years, are unpredictable and without medical treatment, the pain usually returns.

TN is a very rare condition. Statistics vary, but TN occurs in approximately 150 per million people per year. Medical literature notes  this condition is rare for anyone under age 50 but in reality, TN is known to exist in many younger individuals including children.


What is Atypical Facial Pain? 


Atypical Facial Pain (ATFP) is a syndrome encompassing a wide group of facial pain problems. ATFP can have many different causes but the symptoms are all similar. Facial pain, often described as burning, aching or cramping, occurs on one side of the face, often in the region of the trigeminal nerve and can extend into the upper neck or back of the scalp. Although rarely as severe as trigeminal neuralgia, facial pain is continuous for ATFP patients, with few, if any periods of remission. Recent studies propose that ATFP is an early form of trigeminal neuralgia. Indeed, some patients have components of both ATFP and TN symptoms.  Earlier literature has linked ATFP to "psychological pathology." Recent studies, however have shown no such link exists.



ATFP has many possible causes. In some cases, infections of the sinuses or teeth appear to be involved. Some studies postulate a   low-grade infectious and inflammatory process occurring over a long period can result in nerve damage and be the triggering factor for ATFP pain. Some believe that vascular compression of the trigeminal nerve in the same area that is postulated to lead to trigeminal neuralgia is a cause of ATFP although studies have shown that microvascular decompression rarely leads to pain relief in ATFP patients. Dental or some sort of physical trauma is also linked to ATFP.




Facial pain, often described as burning, aching or cramping, pinching, pulling, occurs on one side of the face, often in the region of the trigeminal nerve and can extend into the upper neck or back of the scalp. Although rarely as severe as trigeminal neuralgia, facial pain is continuous for ATFP patients, with few, if any periods of remission.



APRIL 3, 2011

This is a Day that I have no freedom to be "Me" I remember last week when I was getting like lighting pains in the top of my head, they came and went.Then I have been outside even with my hat on my head, there were those cold cool breezes and it must have swept on in anyhow. I could feel something come on but I wasn't completely sure, then the other night I was very restless in bed. My neck cramped up on me and every time I moved I had a charlie horse in on the left side of my head along with my neck. I thought the night would never end. I pray for healing and strength to go on everyday. This isn't something that I wanted to have. Some people don't understand how I can be in so much pain and some don't want to hear about what I have going on inside. I am not trying to bring them down, I am just letting you know that there is sometimes reasons behind the things that I do. There is days where I feel like I could grab my head and bash it through the wall or I am bedridden for a day, week, month or more. A normal person would never understand that. There are days where I am free as a bird and can do things like normal people can do when they are feeling good. These types of days are my favorite days where I can do most anything. I feel very blessed on these "good days." There isn't many but when they come about I do what I can to feel good inside and make others smile. This pain comes and goes and there is nothing I can do but cry. 

When I have my severe flares I get very snappy, sensitive, angry when I am like this. I don't mean to be like this so please forgive me. Please don't blame me nor is this is not my fault that I have this excruciating debilitating pain. I sometimes can't touch my head, face, mouth, chew my food, swallow, brush my teeth and I have lost a lot of my hearing in my right ear now.  I can't even sleep on my pillow and to get comfortable in bed, I feel bad for my husband, as I am not able to lay comfortably. I wish i had the ability to float on air so that I do not have to have anything touch me. I have Fibro, I would take on that pain any day instead of this head and facial pain I have today


Someday I will have Freedom from all pain.


"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven"
Matthew 6: 9-10 
(People in heaven are not sick, not in pain, so we can clearly see it is God's will that we also be free from sickness and disease.)

Today I was snappy with a lot of people including my ownself. I feel bad because I was in excruciating pain and I wasn't completely my loving  and caring self. I didn't even sound happy, I even hung up on my Mom on Skype today. I felt bad later on about it, I know it was a bad thing to do, then in the long run, it was probably a good thing that I did because I was very sensitive and I didn't want it to get worse, because when I have this head/face pain I can get even more angry. I need time get this pain under control and that is just it: I can't control that pain but I can control my tongue, & my bitterness from being in all that pain. Sometimes people do what they have to do to keep from getting more upset, just like I did. Please understand it isn't that I am out to get you, because I am not. I sometimes don't feel well and my way of handling things may be different from yours. Mine is sometimes to drop everything instantly and take a break. I don't do it to be mean, I was scared of losing control if I got really mad, of letting out that painful monster inside of me. What I did and why I did it was to avoid that you from getting hurt because I wasn't feeling good in the first place. 


So ask yourself when you are not 
feeling well how do you act accordingly?
I know that you all aren't perfect little peaches on the tree, Guess what? Neither am I.


No excuses here for me ~ The pain that I have gives me no right to be nasty and that is not my intentions. 


 No more! I want my heart to be pure, Lord. because
only the pure in heart will see You. And that is what I 
want more then anything else. So having my flesh and 
pain for what it is, I choose not to turn away and hide or 
forget. I choose instead to acknowledge You, Lord, inviting the full expression of Your holy power to tear down these strongholds. In the name of Jesus' mighty name I pray, amen.


No I am not crazy nor is this a psychological disorder/disease, this is just PURE pain. 
"most terrible pain known to man."
Pain which I wish I never had but I do. My feelings of debilitating pain did not help me these last few days and in fact it made matters worse, because I was sensitive to things that I didn't need to be sensitive about in the first place, so I made loved ones mad at me. 



I apologize to my 
Mom and my brother Chris.
I Love You Both! 


" If you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions" Matthew 6: 14-15






No comments: