April 6, 2011

Yesterday April 5, 2011

Sorry my fellow followers, friends, & family. I didn't get post on my blog yesterday.


I had decided that since I felt good when I woke up for once and I had one of my "Good" days, that I would go visit my good friend Ann at the CT Assisted Living Home in Rice Lake.


Meet my good friend Ann....


 (Click on all my photos that you see I have posted to enlarge them)




Ann is a good friend of mine and we have known each other for years now.  I met her at the Local Fibro and Cfids support group when it was in Barron County. I have quite a few friends from that group to this day. A few still live in the local surrounding areas and some live in warmer climates.


Ann is a wonderful, loving, caring woman. This beautiful woman is one of my Best Friends here in town. She always welcomes her friends with loving open arms. She loves to talk about her grand babies/kids, her own kids and more. She misses her house terribly as they had to rent it out and also put it on the market, since she cannot live there anymore to take care of herself. She loves to pull out her photo albums to show off her family. I love to listen to her talk about the good ole times with kids, grand babies, family, and friends. Most of all I love to hear her talk about her loving husband (passed away many yrs back) and the love that they shared for each other. She misses him so much. Ann & I can gab for hours. I just love her to death. She is to funny at times, when they bring her a snack in the room she tends to make sure they give me something too. :) She loves it when Rusty comes along with me. When Ann stood up Rusty also stood up and stood right next to her as she grabbed a hold of the harness to get her balance. Ann was amazed by that how he could sense that she needed assistance. Good ole "Rusty".



So we sat and talked about Rusty and how well he is trained to help people in need for assistance, gait and balance and he retrieves things so I don't have to bend over to get them. Ann was so thankful that he helped her too. She said he is quite AMAZING and very SMART for only being two years old. we talked about that he has a number now because he is Registered through the United States Service Dog Registry now. Isn't that wonderful! Sometimes I think he is way to smart for his own fur! (you know the saying to smart for his own britches) haha. Ann said he is a lover dog that is for sure! 
He is Woman's & Man's Best Friend.


Then I pulled out my ipad 2 to show Ann and she thought it was very neat and I showed her what it could do with the camera and she thought that was wonderful how you could do all those things on that skinny flat device. So this is what we did next. We took that a picture of us together and it turned out nice. :-) 


To my friends that know Ann you can see she is getting very Fragile looking (better words). She has lost quite abit of weight she notes. Some people do the older you get. She is still a Beautiful lady outside & inside. I am proud to call her my Best Friend. 

♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ ☆ `*•.¸ ♥❄♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥❄♥ ¸.•*♡♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ 
I Love You Ann!
♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ ☆ `*•.¸ ♥❄♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥❄♥ ¸.•*♡♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ 

I used to work at CT once upon a time ago when I could work. I miss it sometimes of being able to help the elderly. But I figure even though I don't work there I can still go in and visit my family there. (yes they are like family). I know several of them there and some are new, but they are all such wonderful people that I just enjoy going to visit. It is always so nice and it is so rewarding to see them smile and laugh just because they see you. Some people don't have visitor's and that is just so sad. So one day make time to go visit the local assisted living's, nursing homes, & retirement homes, because you could make someone's day. doesn't matter if you know them or not, they don't care. They would love to have visitors any day. Watch how they smile and laugh and it will make you feel good inside. I have found out that when you aren't emotionally happy either, that visiting someone will also make you have a good day and make you feel better too. You don't need to talk about you at all, just go in and let them do all the talking, or maybe you can read them a book out loud or a letter that they can't seem to see. These loving and caring people will love to see you no matter what.
You know some are sometimes cranky but that is ok go make there day anyhow. You just never know you could be the one special person to actually make them smile that day. 

You will be rewarded someday for the good deed's you have done. 

Go Make Someone's Day!



No comments: