August 18, 2011

The day started when...

"Take it in… The beauty that surrounds you…
Breathe it in… Life’s energy that nurtures you…
Let it in…Happiness, joy and excitement…
Be in...The moment.
And the moment is now."
It was a Don &  Lauri weekend again! wooooo hoooooo
It all started when we woke up on Saturday morning August 13th.......
Nothing like waking up next to your honey and seeing a smile on their face.

This is going to be a GOOD DAY TODAY!

So what did we do with our day together you ask?
Well we went ATVing of course!!
How can anyone not want to go riding 
with their honey in the woods!
Riding along checking out the sights to see and having a great time while we were at it!
So we left from Birchwood Wi. - from Seasonal Power Toys ( Our friends own this business in Birchwood! We always going in there to chit chat with them when we are in town. Great place to go if you are visiting in the area and go fishing and you can even rent ATV's or Snowmobiles there - Seasonal Powers Toys - get it? GOOD :) hahahaha
Well enough with the sales pitch already....on with the story!

Don drove the ATV off the back of the truck - He drove it off really fast and did a sommersalt in the air - woooo hooo look at him go!!! Then WHAM he hit hard on the ground!! Dang that has got to hurt!! LOL 
Poor guy!
So what will be his next trick? LOL
So we took of down the dusty trail. 
Riding Riding Riding :-) 
We decided we were going to go down the Spider Lake Loop trail 50. This trail takes about 2 to 3 hours to go all the way through it. With all the breaks you take and so on and so forth, it takes awhile, but it totally ROCKS! I couldn't wait for the BEST part of the whole thing! THE MUD! Yes I totally dig it! My favorite mud pack in the whole wide world...just think you don't have to pay for it this way ladies!
(Pay for this Blemish mud pac and look like that??lol Hell NO!!)
I would rather have the real thing from nature!!
Bring it on baby! 
Natural Mud Pac!
Here I come!!
Come to Mama! 
Well we stayed on the trail riding along and then Don had to stop and take a cigarette break. (wishing he would just quit). I am glad that he stops because when he smokes while driving the smoke comes back into my lungs! Yuck! So we stopped for abit! 
As you can see we already hit some mud puddles on the way - those mud puddle aren't nothing yet! lol So after his break we started down the trail again. We noticed that the club or DNR has been out to fix the trails again :( - They like to cover up the mud for us...Grrrrrrrr But then again sometimes it is a good thing because when it rains it pours and it washes out the trails and someone could get hurt if not looking where they are going. So yes sometimes it is a good thing that they tend to things.
(Fixed the washed out road)
But boy was that rocky and bumpy going over that!
(Another ATV adventure to tell)
Actually I told Don that day - that is nothing compared to what my son and I did ATVing in Arizona in the mountains. :-) Actually that wasn't to bad either. What I remember is that our neighbor down in Huachuca City AZ told us "Now remember stay on the trail below the mountains because on the other your ATV's won't make it up those steep rocks and such and you need a jeep to do them." We said "Ok" so my son and I drove around and we looked at each other and laughed and said "how bad can it really be, should we go find out?" So we did and we thought "Wow this isn't nothing! Rocks yes! But nothing our 2x4 atv's couldn't handle and we had a blast! Then we told my neighbor what we did and he was surprised lol The one thing you learn though down there in AZ to go when it is COOLER and not in the day heat! I believe the best time to go is when it would be winter or late fall ( after monsoon season). Not in the 95 degree weather there. 
Arizona ATVing photo
Now a Wisconsin Photo of ATVing
Which do you prefer? 
I LOVE them both!!
The both have good and bad things about them!

On with the Don & Lauri Adventure!
We have noticed something about the trails up here now, they have widened a lot of them because a lot of traffic I suppose. We get a lot of vacationers and people from Minnesota that come here to go on the trails. Well we came upon many different people on our travels. Some were wild riders and some were plain ol slow pokes! lol 
Nope that guy isn't waving! When you are on the atv and you come up to others, what you do is hold up your hand to show with your fingers or hand how many others are with them. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on....When you make a fist that means 0 
This is probably another reason why for the widening of the roads.
This is a Side by Side ATV. where the people sit next to each other v.s. behind each other. FUN! Yes!!! We would love to have a Polaris Razor side by side!!
This is what we would just LOVE to have for a ATV
I could see us in this thing having a ball in Wisconsin in the woods and mud. Also in the Desert and sand in Arizona too! Someday!!
I would also be licensed & insured to pedal down the roads too!!
So we ran into quite a few people on the trail....Then we can upon a favorite place to stop. That is a hidden lake in the woods...fish in it?? We aren't sure, I guess one day we could bring our poles and try it :-)
We sat there for awhile and enjoyed the view. Took some photos of ourselves. lol
In the woods even if it is the hottest day in Wisconsin you tend to wear a coat and long pants anyhow. Due to bugs, coolness in the woods, and if other things might fly up at ya like rocks and such..You wear a hat, and sometimes a scarf to cover your mouth and nose on dusty trails and you also wear some eye protection whether it be sunglasses, glasses, or goggles. Yes you can even wear a helmet too. ( Not a state requirement to wear a helmet in Wisconsin unless you are under aged). But we have been thinking about wearing ours soon anyways. Helps with the branches when they are hanging down.
Taking that ciggy break eh Don! - He is thinking about getting trying those e-cigs soon!
"Are you ready to go Sweety?" Don says.
Yep I was ready because the best part was coming up and we knew it!
So we headed down the trail once again! Beautiful eh!
Here we go....oh yeah!!! There it is the Fun in the MUD time!!
I have to say that this mud hole was completely across the whole trail and sometimes you are able to go around them, but NOT this one!! hahahaha The words that came out of Don's mouth was "Oh my god Lauri, there is no way around it!" Then he asked me to get off and he would go through it by himself and if I could walk through the woods to get to the otherside that would be great. I was like WHAT?? You want me to do WHAT?? lol that is when I said "I don't think so!" and I laughed at him...So he said wait here and let me try it first! 
Yes that there is a HUGE Water Mud puddle (pond like puddle)
I said Yeah baby go for it!! Maybe stay off to the side a little so you don't get sucked down in it and get stuck. hahaha he listened to me. 
Looks good there, but oh my little more forward he sunk way down it and I laughed so hard I about peed my pants. I thought wow you would have thought that side was better looking and boy it wasn't!! lol But he made it across while I stood on the other side wait for him to come back to get me. See off to the right the darker color there...that my dear friends and family is considered a mud bog and man I wouldn't even try it! lol You would never get out of it without another person with a 4x4. we have a 2x4. :-) 
Sometimes these huge mud puddles have no bottom, in otherwords they are bottomless. Scary??? Yes! Very!! You had better have a floater to get across! laughing my butt off(LMBO)!
So what happened next? Well I got upon the ATV and prayed! Yes I prayed that we would make it across and not get stuck in the middle of it. I had my phone on me and my camera and I sure didn't want them to get wet. He did find a small way out of it. At least that is what he thought! hahaha well we had to take a little bit of the bog way, so he said hold on and lean forward and we did and he gunned it and we got up there and spun the tires and mud flew every which way! I laughed and he laughed and said hang on here we go! haha We finally got through it! It was a blast! Here is what happened to me!
Finally got my MUD pac for free!!
Mud anyone?
I am a Tom Boy ya think!!
Then we took off down the trail and finally got through the whole loop and then we got on the Tuscobia State Trail and we headed back to Birchwood. Then we as we got closer, we drove past #31 and we stopped and we looked at each other and grinned...see why....
I hugged Don and we stripped down to bare nothings and went swimming!!!
hahahahaha It was a blast but the bad bad thing is
I am just joking!
What are you thinking? 
Dirty Mind you have there! LOL
But for real I got off the ATV and Don dove in and chanced it! He had a blast! He stayed to the right again and got totally sucked it and I didn't think he was going to make it across! People stopped their atv's to watch too and we were all laughing and having a great time watching him. I could hear Don laughing but he was also worried too. :-) 

STUCK & SUCKED DOWN IN THE MUD!!
                                                        Safe I made it!
This side is easier
That was a WILD ride!!
Funny look!
I Love You!!
Mud and all!

Oh Yeah! In the beginning of the adventure story with Don & Lauri. About the sommersault in the air taking the ATV off the back of the truck. HAHA

I was joking!!
We have a ramp to drive it off!! lol
Gotcha!
I made you smile right!





































No comments: