August 2, 2011

Last Weekend all to Ourselves

We you would think that since we had the weekend to ourselves and finally not go anywhere would be FANTASTIC! Well it wasn't like we planned anyhow :-( 
It all started on Friday - we were headed towards Birchwood and  Don heard this click as he was driving and he said "Lauri!!! in a panic look behind my back and see if you see anything please as he was freaking out. I knew exactly what he was talking about because it has happened many times....and he got stung. So I looked and I said oh my gosh Donald don't move!! Hear he was trying to drive and how can you not move right. Then he moved and the bumble bee when into the back of his pants, you know near your belt loops and I said DON'T move and he was leaning forward on the steering wheel as he was still driving. I flicked it with the end of my camping toothbrush that was in the truck, it flicked out BUT Don moved again and it went right down underneath him on his seat. 
Here is Don trying to drive,steer, and try to pull over at the same time. In the process he is panicking because it is right underneath his butt and he leaned way over and he crunched my arm and elbow in the process and now I have a bruise there. He is saying Lauri move move!! So I managed to get my arm out finally as I was in pain and he wedged out of the seat and there it was a BIG Bumble Bee and it had it's stinger all right and ready! BOY that stinger looked like it would have hurt like heck too!! That was so close!!! 
Don says to me "Oh Lauri I hope you remembered that we have to buy those ATV tires that we ordered." I thought OMGosh not today, I have to pay for my phone bill this wk!! He said not to worry we will pay it on the 1st. *whew* I was happy. So we headed to Seasonal Power Toys...low and behold my front tires were in. They cost $142.00 for two of them and they were suppose to get the less spendy ones and they didn't because that sale was over. :-( ( they were only suppose to be $80.00 for the two tires together) That other was a BIG chunk out of the pocketbook. Well I had to have them because in AZ my tires started cracking from the sun & heat there. So there is two NEW tires on my Polaris 2003 Trail Boss 2x4...we will surely wait on the back tires because they are for sure VERY spendy a piece for them. After Don placed them on the ATV there, we decided to go for a ride. So we went on Tuscobia trail and headed for Winter. Oh yeah where is Rusty??? He has to sit at home until I can figure out how to get a box on the back of mine so he can ride with me too, welllll till Don get his own ATV that is. hahahaha I really don't like to ride double with him on mine because he has a tendency to keep driving and not let me drive - it is mine - I want to drive it LOL 
Photos of Don and the guys working in the shop at Seasonal Power Toys

David Drew, Mike ( not my Mike), & Don
Favorite ATV sayings out there!

"ATVing isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle"

"Xtreme- lifes too short not too be"

"That puddle didn't look THAT deep!"

"Where did that tree come from!"

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

"Told ya you wouldn't make it!"

"What the heck was that noise?"
Anyhow we finally got to Winter from Birchwood...Long ride...BUMPY BUMMMMPY ride - riding over washboard like bumps..yuck those are the worst!! It shakes every muscle and bone in your body and boy do you ever feel it the next day or two days or three days after that. boy they REALLY need to grade them trails soon!! We dropped something off at Donald Jr. & Chrissy's place that she left in my truck on Thursday night. Then we went over to see Don's bother Ken and we found out he wasn't there so we waited for him and so we left only to find him at the laundry mat when we were headed to get gas before going back. So we stopped to talk to him for awhile and then headed over to BP to get gas. Found out it only cost us $4.00 to fill up the ATV from Birchwood to Winter and that is dang good too! So we headed on the trail back to Birchwood.
It was about 8PM when we left Winter and it was still light out, now note here: "We have never been on any ATV when it has been dark out ever. So all the time we have driving our atv's we just never did it and that night was our first. hahahaha WOW it is totally different! Yes we have done it like that with snowmobiles but that was nothing, but as far as a atv...SPOOKY! Lucky we didn't run into any BIG creatures that have four legs! But how ever we ran into a HUGE BULLFROG trying to hope across the trail and a few little frogs in the process too. Don says he saw a HUGE Bunny Rabbit cross right in front of him, but that is funny I was looking straight ahead and I didn't see it *laughing.* Everything at night looks BIGGER and there are certain smells at night that really get to your nose. Of all things boy you sure can see EVERY washboard ripple on the trail..Boy was there an awful lot that we seen and even they look more HUGE at night.*laughing* So we had our first experience in the dark and it was quite interesting but SPOOKY! I could see riding with another person on their atv, but we were alone in the darkness. *laugh* But we finally made it back around 9:30PM in Birchwood - I think it was that time anyhow. 
SATURDAY
Garage Sale Day - Got up later then expected - Garage sale was suppose to start out at 9am but we had a late start because of the atv'ing experience. So here we get out there and Don sets the dog kennel up and a few other things and then he sets his butt down and does nothing, while I am busting my butt in that HOT sun trying to set things out there on the what tables we had to use with tops of storage containers...boy that was work and to watch him sit back and relax really burned me because I needed help. I got it done though after I sweated a lake. So he went out to the main road and put out the sign..5 minutes later we had a few people and then nothing and then some more. 
It kept doing that off and on all that time and then all of a sudden it starts to get breezy and then I heard BOOM BOOOOOM and I thought what the world, here the storm clouds were rolling in! "It wasn't suppose to rain today!" So Dog pulled only those few things in and I said "No way buddy your gonna help me with everything now." So he did and just as we pulled everything back into the garage the next thing I knew it was DOWN POURING. *whew* we got that accomplished just in time. So it rained the rest of the day..garage sale got rained out. We made $62.00 this day & Chrissy's stuff she made about $1.00. 
SUNDAY
We decided that we were going to get up early in the morning if the sun was shining and do a garage sale. I know you shouldn't be doing anything on Sunday and keep it Holy. Well we don't like to do things like with garage sales but we did get rained out the day before. So around noon we had the chance to open it again and we jumped for it. We made about $5.00 and Chrissy made $8.00. It was a HOT day again. The Garage sales here in Barron suck! All that work for hardly anything. I loved having a Garage sale in Arizona because they sat and waited till you opened your door and they buy, buy and buy. Boy do I miss that! Here eh they look but don't touch. But the good thing is after that ended I put all the stuff in a pile on the front lawn and I place everything on RiceLakeWIFreecycle (click on safe link to get to the group). Later that day someone called me and they drove all the way from Turtle Lake (25 to 30 minutes away) and they took everything left that I had out there. So they struck it rich because there was a lot of neat stuff in there for free. I am sure what they don't want they will freecycle it too. They also bought my Treadmill for $50 too - which that made the weekend end with a positive note. :-) 




No comments: